Representing Disabled Workers on Florida’s Central Gulf Coast
If your application for Social Security disability insurance was denied in Florida, you’re not alone. The majority of people who apply for SSDI benefits have their claims denied initially, no matter how severe their disability is. The good news is that you can appeal that decision. With a lawyer’s help, your chances of obtaining benefits may be much higher.
I’m attorney Joseph Rooth. Since 1994, I’ve helped disabled people obtain the benefits they deserve from Social Security. With offices in New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Seminole and Clearwater, I represent disabled clients throughout the Tampa Bay and central gulf coast area of Florida.
Who is Eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance?
In order to qualify for Social Security disability, you must meet two requirements:
- You must have paid into the Social Security system for a certain number of quarters.
- You must have a medical condition that meets Social Security’s definition of disability.
Unlike workers’ compensation, Social Security provides benefits whether your injury is work related or not.
Learn More About Social Security Disability Insurance
The following pages of this Web site provide more information about Social Security disability insurance:
- An Overview of Social Security Disability Benefits
- The Social Security Disability Claims Process
- Social Security Disability Appeals
- What is a Disability under Social Security?
- Social Security Disability Denials