What Injuries are Covered by Workers’ Comp in Florida?
When accidental injuries happen on the job, Pasco County workers’ compensation attorney Joseph M. Rooth helps you get the benefits you deserve.
On-the-job accidents can happen in any occupation. As a result, you could be left with serious injuries that impact your ability to work, both now and in the years to come. Workers’ compensation benefits in Pasco County provide a form of insurance in this situation and can help cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs. Find out more about the common types of injuries covered by workers’ comp in Florida and how they often happen on the job.
Work-Related Injuries in Pasco County
Accidental injuries that occur while on the job or in the course of performing work-related duties are covered under Florida Workers’ Compensation. A federally mandated program that is administered by the state, workers’ comp benefits in Florida act as a type of insurance for injured employees. The program covers medical expenses and lost wages while you recover from your injuries and provides short and long term payments and other benefits in the event of ongoing disabilities. Common ways in which injuries covered by workers’ comp in Pasco County can happen include:
- Car and truck accidents;
- Electric shocks;
- Fires and exposure to hazardous chemicals;
- Getting caught in or between machinery;
- Getting struck by falling objects;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Violent acts on the part of co-workers or customers.
Common Work-Related Injuries Covered by Workers’ Comp in Pasco County
The Florida Statutes dictate employer requirements in regards to providing workers’ compensation benefits and the types of situations in which employees are covered. Any time an accident happens on the job, it is important to report it to your supervisor immediately and to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Common types of injuries covered by workers’ compensation in Pasco County include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Broken bones, which can take long months to heal;
- Burn injuries, which are extremely painful and can result in permanent disfigurement;
- Crushing injuries, causing loss of limbs and damage to internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring and infections;
- Head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries, resulting in sprains, strains, or tears of muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
Our Pasco County Workers’ Compensation Attorney is Here to Help You
On the job injuries can have a major impact on your life, both now and in the future. Workers’ compensation benefits help you get the medical care you need and are able to provide financially for you and your loved ones during your recovery.
For help in getting the benefits you deserve, reach out to attorney Joseph M. Rooth. He is one of only a small percentage of board-certified workers’ compensation attorneys in Florida. Call 727-849-3400 or contact our Pasco County workers’ compensation attorney online to request a consultation today.